17 August 2007

See this show!

As a tightfisted old lady (30 is the new old) theater critic, it's rare that I'll pay for theater, let alone full price. But sometime over the next few days, I will make it to the show Poli degaine by French theater company La Pendue.

http://www.theatermania.com/content/show.cfm/show/136494

I saw their show
La Remede de Polichinelle ("Punch's Remedy") while at the World Festival of Puppet Theatres in France last September. My companions and I, all sober-minded theater critics in our mid 20s to early 30s, left the show holding our aching jaws with happy tears in our eyes. La Pendue's command of the puppets' physicality and their contagious energy were inspiring, and unmatched by the three other Punch shows I've seen since then.

Go to this show, Internet. I implore you, for the sake of your funny bone.

No comments: