19 August 2007

Seriously, guys ...

Poli degaine at Here Arts Center - you've got to check it out!

I went to see it tonight, and La Pendue were just as good as last year. (The show was more or less the same as the one I saw, except that one or two of the sequences had changed.) Most of the dialogue is in French, but non-French speakers will get the gist and will laugh, too.

There were
des gens qui parlent le francais in the audience, but I don't know that everyone understood French, or all of what was said. (The puppeteers spoke really fast, and Polichinelle has a Donald Duck-type voice that takes some getting used to.) I do know that the audience went crazy for the show.

For the next few weeks I'll be taking a hiatus from playgoing to focus on Mets games and enjoying what's left of summer. This is not to say that the blog will be on hiatus as well - or that I won't end up seeing a show. It depends on what I have to say ... and if I have to pay for tickets. :)

No comments: