19 November 2008

Lessons Learned While Cooking: The Lasagna Edition

  • Bacon does not taste good in lasagna. I know that this contradicts the Culinary Golden Rule ("Bacon makes everything better"), but it overpowers the noodle/sauce concoction. If you want pig in your party, go with pork sausage instead.

  • Bechamel sauce, on the other hand, tastes OUTSTANDING in lasagna. In fact, I may never make a lasagna again without it. I used it along with shredded mozzarella and parmesan, omitting the ricotta/egg, and - though I looooove the velvety smoothness that is ricotta cheese - I did not miss the R stuff at all. AT ALL. Seriously.
BTW, this really isn't a food blog. However, as I'm doing so much cooking these days, there will undoubtedly be a lot of food talk going on around here. Hope you can, um, stomach it.

No comments: