23 May 2009

past lives and animated videos

I've jumped on the Xtranormal bandwagon and created a video. You can view it here:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090523013940177

It has to do with my current extended trip down memory lane. :)

Speaking of ... (WARNING: EXTENDED LOST METAPHOR AHEAD!) I've realized that all of this delving into the past has left me a little unstuck in time. The letters I've been reading - and the late hours/quiet times I've been reading them in - have blurred the line between the past and present. I've found myself being anxious over old crushes and guilty about the way I handled some situations all over again.

And my curiosity about the whereabouts/lives of old pen pals, high school friends, etc.? Merely an attempt by my addled brain to amass enough Constants to deal with the situation. If I can place some of the players in these dramas in their current context, then I can re-situate myself and move on.

I just need to purge my house/mind of this stuff and get back to living in the here and now. There's cool stuff ahead ... attending my sister-in-law's wedding, vacationing at the Jersey shore, and working on bringing another Butler into the world. (Yes, you heard/read me right; details to follow this fall, I hope!)

I want to be fully present in the present for all of those things. Especially that last one.

No comments: